Search This Blog

12 April 2017

SILASATH PARPAM



Silasath parpam is a wellknown siddha medicine mentioned in the Tamil Medicinal text book, Agasthiyar paripooranam 400. The ingredients required to make this medicine are Purified Gypsum (Karpoora silasath) and Coldenia Juice (Siru seruppadai charu).

Gypsum is mined in several places in India. Chemically it is a soft sulfate mineral composed of calcium sulfate dihydrate, with the chemical formula CaSO4·2H2O.

This medicine is well prescribed in inflammation of urethra, retention of urine, leucorrhoea, painful micturition, burning sensation all over the body etc. Silasath parpam is used in the treatment of male infertility, impotency and also in the treatment of diabetes.

The dosage of this medicine is 500 - 1000 mg with Butter or Ghee as adjuvent, twice daily.

This medicine is available with pharmacies like IMPCOPS Ltd, Chennai, SKM Siddha and Ayurveda, Erode, and Santigiri Ayurveda and Siddha Vaidyasala, Thiruvananthapuram.





'Parpams' are medicines usually made with the process of calcination. There are rare exceptions like Muthu parpam and Kungiliya parpam. The shelf life of parpams are 100 years if stored properly.

Usefull links

1. Gypsum
3. IMPCOPS

4 comments:

  1. Dear brother
    Good morning . I am sreedhar from chennai. I bought a SILASATHTHU PARPAM POWDER it's not a tablet. But I didn't know how to use that one. I have no child I got married more than 15 years but no issues. Can I use it. If I use how can I use this powder with milk or water and how much the quantity can use this powder. I have only BP but I'm using Amlong A tablet. But no sugar, no urine irritation nothing only BP. Could you please let me know clearly my brother

    ReplyDelete

Enter your query here.....